I’ve been working as a personal trainer, wellness and lifestyle coach for at least 15 years, in both the United States and Australia.
I moved to Australia in late 2012 and started with QUT Healthstream in January 2013.
Prior to moving to Australia, I operated my own fitness and well-being coaching business for four years in Tuscon, Arizona, helping people to lose weight, maximise their fitness and condition their bodies so that they could live the lives they wanted. I also worked with large corporations to create programs for their employees that resulted in a healthier and happier workforce.
Before this, I worked at the Tucson Heart Hospital, Arizona (now called the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute) in the cardiac rehabilitation centre, helping patients recover and change their lifestyle following serious cardiac illness and surgery.
I also worked at Miraval resorts in Arizona, running wellness programs that included weight loss, fitness, nutrition, adventure challenges, yoga and integrative wellness, for specialised groups and high profile clients.
In my work at Caremore, I assessed and facilitated wellness and weight loss programs for older adults which addressed common chronic health issues facing seniors today, including diabetes, hypertension, chronic kidney disease, congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
My experience as an elite triathlete brings an added dimension of expertise to my work. From 2008 to 2012 I was sponsored by Trisports.com in Tucson, Arizona where I raced competitively and learned from leading coaches and athletes in the sports world.
Major athletic achievements
- 2015 3rd place M35-39 Cairns Ironman 70.3
- 2015 5th place M35-39 Tweed Enduro Triathlon
- 2011 Long Course World Championships – Team USA
- 2011 USAT Age Group National Championship qualifier
- 2 x 1st amateur winner at Superfrog
- 2010 1st place M30-34 Deuceman
- 2010 4th in age group, HalfMax Half-Ironman National Championships, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- 2010 2nd overall, Marquee Half Ironman, Phoenix, Arizona
- Boston Marathon qualifier
- Finished Ironman Arizona with a broken shoulder
Education and qualifications
Four year Bachelor of Science from the University of Phoenix
Four year associates degree with an emphasis on specialised populations and leading change
Master of Business in management consulting
Registration, certification, insurance
- Registered with Physical Activity Australia
- Certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified by the National Association of Sports Medicine
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Insured by Fitness Network Australia
- ABN: 44812142818